We are looking for a few beer lovers to join our taproom team! Taproom or serving experience is a plus. Interested applicants can send a cover letter & resume to email@example.com by Monday, December 5. Here’s all the details:
Summary: Serves beverages and sells merchandise in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner. Maintains pristine condition of taproom according to brewery standards.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Creates a warm, fun, safe and enjoyable experience for taproom guests.
2. Welcomes guests with a hospitable, inviting, and positive attitude.
3. Pours beers and serves customers in a cheerful and professional manner by following Track 7 Customer Service Guidelines.
4. Is knowledgeable of all Track 7 beers and describes them properly to customers.
5. Checks identification of customers to verify age for purchase of alcohol per ABC requirements.
6. Performs bar-back duties.
7. Completes all assigned opening/closing tasks to ensure taproom is clean and operating efficiently.
8. Completes daily duties as listed in The Daily Duties Binder.
9. Works well with other staff members in an environment that encourages strong team building and positive interdepartmental relations.
10. Follows procedures for preventing over-intoxicated guests and for correctly handling situations that result from problematic customers.
11. Receives customer payments, completes guest tab transactions and tenders proper change to customers using Square POS.
12. Uses suggestive selling techniques to offer beverage and merchandise specials, menu items, and other types of promotions.
- Available days, nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to multi-task in a noisy and fast-paced, distraction-filled environment
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or significant matters, take corrective action when necessary
- Move about facility and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Work well under pressure.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma/GED; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Cicerone Beer Server Certified preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.