Job Title: Director of Sales & Distribution
Department: Sales & Distribution
Reports To: Brewmaster
FLSA Status: Exempt
Background: Track 7 Brewing Company is young, energetic, motivated and looking to take over Northern California and beyond. With the paint barely dry at our new Natomas facility, we are looking for a Director of Sales & Distribution that believes in craft beer, about representing and managing an exciting brand and is motivated by the challenge of creating a sales and distribution department from the ground up. If you have ever thought, “I could do this better myself,” than this job may be for you. If you believe you are the right person, with the right attitude for the job, please submit a cover letter/email and resume to email@example.com by 5:00pm on March 13, 2015.
Benefits: Employer Paid Medical, Dental and Vision; Life Insurance; Paid Time Off
Summary: Creates, implements, and manages all aspects of Track 7’s Sales and Distribution Department by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages, hires, terminates, and annually reviews all sales and distribution staff.*
- Sets annual departmental goals and objectives.*
- Creates annual sales and distribution plan; disseminates plan to sales and distribution partners.*
- Develops goals, incentive, and performance bonuses for sales and distribution staff.*
- Manages Track 7’s network of distribution companies, distribution company staff, and product placement within distribution territories.*
- Develops and cultivates new Track 7 distribution territories, including contract negotiation and product rollout.*
- Manages various local beer week product rollouts and event schedules.*
- Manages all outside events, including coordination of event staff, product and event items such as jockey box, tents, and swag; maintains necessary legal paperwork for donations.*
- Manages the preparation of invoices and receipt of signed invoices returning from trade for areas of self-distribution.*
- Educates sales and distribution staff about current Track 7 products and new product roll out.*
- Performs distribution contract review and compliance testing with respect to product handling and code dates.*
- Develops annual departmental budget.*
- Assists other departments as needed.
Directly supervises one or more employee in the Sales and Distribution Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Quicken/QuickBooks, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Cicerone within six months of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Ability to work with people and develop business relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 165 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, and extreme cold (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.