Are you interested in working with the production team at Track 7? Do you have cellaring experience? We are looking for an experienced cellar assistant to join the Track 7 team. A few of the duties would include cleaning tanks and kegs as well as packaging beer in bottles, cans and kegs, maintaining equipment used in the beer manufacturing and packaging processes. If you are interested, please email your cover letter and resume to Geoff Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are more details about the position.
Job Title: Cellar Assistant
Reports To: Cellarmaster
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Assists with cellar tasks and production tasks by cleaning tanks, kegs and brewhouse, packaging beer in bottles, cans and kegs, providing production preparation assistance by milling grain and organizing malt room, maintaining equipment used in the beer manufacturing and packaging processes and performing additional physical labor, as necessary, to complete assigned tasks in a proper, efficient, and safe manner by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Follows all written and verbal instructions.*
2. Performs various cleaning and maintenance activities including but not limited to running brewery CIP systems, yeast management, sweeping and mopping all production and malt room floors, cleaning kegs, and general tap room cleaning.*
3. Assists in packaging products in a variety of formats, including kegs, bottles and cans.
4. Helps brewing staff with milling grain, dry-hopping beer, clearing mash tun, and pitching yeast.
5. Completes assigned responsibilities such as operating equipment, cleaning, moving, organizing, and other general tasks assigned.*
6. Operates production machines and cellar equipment in accordance with established standards and guidelines.*
7. Lifts and carries materials and equipment throughout work areas.*
8. Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures.*
9. Detects and reports machine and equipment malfunctions promptly to management.*
10. Maintains neat and orderly work areas at all times.*
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to convert between English and Metric units of measure. Ability to operate a scale.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Formal brewing education may substitute for one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Units of weight and measure
Oral communication skills
Ability to prioritize assigned tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 175 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. *Essential Function
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and extreme cold (non-weather). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.